Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Frozen chocolate banana bites

I've been pretty busy over the past few weeks with trips to Bristol and Devon so there hasn't been much time for cooking... added to long days at work involving a lot of writing, sometimes the last thing I want to do is come home and write more! Anyway, I missed blogging and I'm back with the laziest "recipe" EVER.

This is not the neatest or most photogenic recipe but its quick and relatively healthy. I have a constant struggle with being addicted to chocolate and ice cream but wanting to be healthy, so I think this recipe is strikes a sort of balance.


Frozen chocolate banana bites:

Ingredients:
- Around 4 small bananas
- 1 bar dark chocolate (I used Green & Black's Dark 85%, but you can use something milder if you don't love dark chocolate like I do)
- Any toppings you fancy, such as chopped nuts, cereal, sprinkles etc.

Method:

1. Break up your bar of chocolate into small pieces and melt. I prefer the traditional bain marie (glass bowl over a pan of boiling water) on the stove method, but I know Alice prefers using the microwave.

2. Chop your bananas into small pieces, and using two forks dip them one by one in the melted chocolate and then place them on a tray covered with baking paper.


3. Add any toppings you fancy, I used some rice crispies which actually added a great crunchy texture but didn't look very photogenic! 


4. Place in the freezer for a few hours (make sure you clear space in the freezer beforehand if yours is as packed as mine is). Once they are fully frozen and won't stick together you can transfer them to a tupperware box in the freezer to save space and keep them fresh.

5. Eat straight from the freezer! 


These are pretty addictive and curbed my cravings for ice cream!

Bella xo


No comments:

Post a Comment