Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Spicy cauliflower tacos

I never used to like cauliflower, however I've recently been finding myself eating more of it, and I feel like it doesn't deserve its bad reputation.

This is a healthy and vegetarian (can be vegan if you don't add cheese) alternative to chicken or beef wraps. I don't know if these count as tacos or fajitas (please can someone explain the difference!) but they're pretty great!



Spicy cauliflower tacos (or fajitas?):

Ingredients:
1 cauliflower
Spice mix or fajita seasoning
Olive oil (any oil will work)
Mini wraps
Guacamole
Salad leaves

Optionals:
Coriander (controversial... I love it!)
Lime
Grated cheese
Salsa

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 200°c. Chop cauliflower into small pieces, place in bowl with 1 tbsp water and cover with a plate. Microwave for around 2-3 minutes, checking to see if its cooked.

2. Transfer cauliflower to a baking dish and pour over a mix of spices (I used a paprika Spanish seasoning, tumeric and cayenne pepper), salt, pepper and a small amount of oil. Toss until fully coated and then spread out evenly. Bake for around 20 minutes or until browned and crispy.

Before

After!
 3. Spread the mini tortillas with guacamole, add the salad, cauliflower, and any other toppings you like. Serve with lime!

This was really light and fresh on one of the hottest days of the year!

Bella
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment