Monday, August 7, 2017

Dark chocolate fridge cake

Ok so, this is another of those recipes that doesn't look great in photos... but I promise it tastes amazing! It's also customizable to what you like/what you have in the cupboards. AND you don't even have to bake it! It's not even baking, its basically just assembly!

The only part of this recipe that actually looks nice in photos
 Dark chocolate fridge cake

Makes one small tray

Ingredients:
200g dark chocolate
Around 10 digestive biscuits
1 tbsp sweetener (I used agave, you can use maple syrup, honey, golden syrup etc.)
75g butter
Dried fruit of choice (I used a sour cherry baking mix)
Nuts of choice (I used pecans)

Method:

1. Line a tray with baking paper or cling film. Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, or in the microwave. Add the butter and sweetener.

2. Once just melted and smooth, take straight off the heat and crumble in the biscuits. I like to leave bigger and smaller pieces for texture.

3. Add your fruit/nuts/any other bits and pieces.



4. Spoon into the lined dish and smooth flat. Refrigerate for at least an hour.


And you're done! Next time I think I'd make double as this didn't last long...

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment